Saturday, August 19, 2006

Super salad salute!

In keeping with the theme of Salad Days, I'm announcing my first salute to super salads. This salute goes out to Avocado and Corn Salsa, which has served me well at many summer get-togethers and is rated "four forks" on Epicurious.com.
"A salsa this simple lives or dies by the quality of the ingredients — ripe avocado, luscious tomato, and a sweet, crunchy ear of corn. Most of my corn salsa recipes call for grilled corn. This one features the succulent crunch of raw corn to reinforce the sweetness of the fresh avocado."
Well said, Epicurious. So, before the farmer's markets close, and the summer sweet corn is gone, I recommend you try this divine salad/dip/eat-from-the-bowl-with-your-fingers treat.

Avocado and Corn Salsa -- I salute you!

And if you enjoy cooking and haven't visited Epicurious.com, you don't know what you're missing. It's a simply amazing database of reader-rated recipes, featuring all the tools busy cooks need to search, sort, store and easily print recipes.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You "dig" plants, I "digg" salads. Isn't learning and discovery the cats meow? (salute to Scout)

6:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home