Thursday, August 31, 2006

Temporary hiatus

I've been stuck lately.

I reached the point in the Learning 2.0 exercise where we need to set up a Bloglines account, and that's where I got mentally derailed. But I was "re-inspired," for lack of a better word, by a recent post about RSS feeds by Lori at Learning Express.

Here's what happened. Even though I am enjoying the learning exercises, and I am a huge advocate of information management with RSS feeds, I was a bit reluctant to set up yet another online account. I have spent quite a bit of time and effort populating and organizing my pages and RSS feeds in my current NetVibes account, and I'm also starting to get to the point where I can't keep up with all my user names and passwords. I've reached my "password saturation point." So, the prospect of managing yet another online account was a little deflating. But after reading about some of the additional features Bloglines offers -- particularly e-mail subscriptions -- I'm sold.

I think I still need a mental break, though, so I'm heading out of town over Labor Day weekend, and I'll set up my Bloglines account when I get back. And I'll start writing down my passwords on an index card. (Shout-out to good ol' 1.0 technology: paper.)

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God, I feel you about the "password saturation point." I just set up my Bloglines account last night. Took me longer than I had hoped. And have you seen Week 5's tasks?? 3 more thing; 2 more accounts. AAARRGGHHH!!!

5:48 AM  
Blogger yanmaneee said...

yeezy
goyard handbags
goyard
yeezy supply
yeezy shoes
yeezy
yeezy
yeezy shoes
yeezy shoes
golden goose outlet

9:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home