Tuesday, October 03, 2006

House hunting the 2.0 way

Discovery Exercise #19: Discovering Web 2.0 tools
Buying a house has come a long way, baby. Three years ago, when I was looking for a new home, I really, really, really wanted to do the "narrowing down" myself. I knew the features I wanted (brick ranch with a garage, at least 2 full baths, separate laundry room), I knew that I wanted to keep the commute reasonable and I definitely knew what the affordable price range was going to be. Unfortunately, at the time, the online search options were somewhat disappointing, and we had to pester our real estate agent (bless her heart) with request for "just a few more choices."

If ever there were a calling for fabulous Web 2.0 tools, it is in real estate, so I decided to scope out Propsmart.com. Now this is the way real estate listing should be. Admittedly, Propsmart still has a few quirks (it didn't seem to "narrow down" the selections the way I expected when I entered a zip code), but regardless, it really seems to give house-hunting some fun factor that was sorely missing.

Check out my next home purchase. Nothing stands between me and this charming bungalow (except perhaps $6.9 million or so...)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home